Equipped to Nurture Academic, Digital and Creative Excellence
Grundtvig International Secondary School is adequately equipped with comprehensive modern teaching, learning, boarding, sporting and recreational facilities of international standard to ensure all-round development of students.
- Science and technology laboratories complete with modern scientific equipment.
- A fully-equipped computer centre for computer and ICT studies.
- Ultra modern auditorium
- Standard classrooms with teaching aids and equipment.
- Senior School and Junior School libraries
- Standard facilities for indoor and outdoor games and sports: basketball, football, volley ball, lawn tennis, snooker, etc.
- Medical center
- A well furnished vocational centre with relevant equipment for Home Economics and other vocational studies, and agricultural land with farming facilities.
- Comfortable Hostels
- Staff Quarters
- Stand-by Generator & Water Borehole
- School Buses for Excursions
State of the Art Facility for Digital, Creative and Cultural Learning
This building accommodates many of our new and key facilities.
- The Cultural/Creative Arts Studio
- Music Laboratory
- Basic Technology Workshop
- Junior Secondary Library
- Junior Secondary Computer Laboratory
- The Chinua Achebe Multi-Media Lecture Hall
- Language Laboratory
- Staff Resource Centre
Standard Football Pitch, Racetracks and Spectator Stand to Develop Champion Sports Students
In order to further enhance the psychomotor development of our students, the School has acquired over 8 plots of land for the expansion of its current football field into a standard sports arena. The plan is to expand the current football field and to build racetracks and a spectator stand as well.
It was indeed a day of joy for students and staff when that part of the old school fence was demolished following the fencing-in of the newly acquired land. Select members of staff and prefects had the chance to deal symbolic hammer-blows to the old fence to cheers from students.
The design of the GISS Sports Arena is almost completed and work is expected to commence early next year. Our wonderful Parents Teachers Association (PTA) has also thrown its weight behind the project, and will be providing substantial sums of money to support its actualisation.
We say a big thank you to our PTA.